So we’re back to work, we’ve done dinner on the patio, but there’s still something we have yet to adjust to… wearing makeup under the mask. I support the mask but I don’t support the unwanted breakouts or the makeup residue left on my mask at the end of the day!
1. Begin with a hydrating face moisturizer
2. Use a light, mineral power foundation or a non-comedogenic foundation. This is very important as makeup mixed with the humidity under the mask is likely to clog your pores and lead to breakouts. [Jane Iredale’s Mineral Pressed Powder is perfect for this]
3. If you can get away with it, don’t apply your makeup on the areas under your mask and let it breathe
4. For nights out, apply primer and setting powder to set your makeup so it doesn’t smudge off before you arrive at your destination.
5. Do your eyebrows and try a lash lift to make your eyes pop as much as possible!
6. Since lipstick isn’t an option, opt for lip balm instead!
BONUS TIP: If you’re not experiencing any issues under your mask, now would be a good time to try new products you’ve had your eye on! Try a test patch near your chin so that it can be easily covered by your mask if you purge or have a reaction.
For good measure, try to keep your makeup routine simple to allow your skin to breathe especially when you’re off the clock.